*Archival photographs are courtesy of Huntington Historical Society, and may not be reproduced in any form without their written permission*
The Old Half Hollow Schoolhouse was built in 1894 as a one-room Schoolhouse, typical of the late-nineteenth to early-twentieth centuries. When the school districts of Half Hollow and Dix Hills merged in 1932, the school closed its doors. In 2012, the Town of Huntington designated the building as a historic landmark, ensuring its preservation for future generations.
Located at 5 Seaman Neck Road in Dix Hills, the Old Half Hollow Schoolhouse serves as a marker of our neighborhood’s educational history from a bygone era.
Copyright © 2018 Dix Hills-Melville Historical Association - All Rights Reserved.